COVID-19 PREVENTIVE MEASURES
Our hotel re-opened its doors on June 21, 2020; meeting the guidelines indicated by our authorities to operate with controlled capacity.
Earth asked us for a break, put us on pause, gave us the opportunity to reflect, learn and change, distanced us, but at the same time, made us more united. Today we are facing a new normality which has taught us that we are an integral part of a whole “everything” and invite us to be even more responsible and reinforce our institutional values in all our relationships:
Humility, Optimism, Gratitude, Amor(Love) and Respect, (HOGAR)
During this time, at Buenaventura Hotels, we´ve been working to renew ourselves. We learned and prepared for this new reality, to receive you and protect what is most important: Your Safety. Our mission is, and will continue to be, to generate experiences of leisure, fun and comfort through products and services with quality and warmth, putting your well-being first.
Our goal is to guarantee safe spaces for our dear guests, our family of associates, our suppliers and, in general, for the good of our society. To accomplish this, we have developed and implemented safety and hygiene protocols following the recommendations of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), The World Health Organization (WHO), our Federal, State and Municipal Governments guidelines, as well as the criteria and contributions of Puerto Vallarta’s Hotel Association. For the reactivation of Tourist activity, we have developed the following Guide that aims to inform the actions, processes and practices that Buenaventura Hotels will adopt or reinforce for the prevention and mitigation of the COVID-19 virus.
Pointing out the 5 directives under which our protocol was created: HOGAR, which stands for HOME in Spanish, to make you feel as safe as in your home.
Hygiene and Disinfection
- Practices are implemented with the correct execution of cleaning and disinfection through techniques of aspersion and process of steam mist of common areas and the use of products with optimal levels of chemicals.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of frequent contact surfaces such as handles, rails, desk, tables, elevator controls panel, TV controls, telephones, switches, hallways, kitchen, terrace, greater concentration areas such as counters, access and waiting areas, chiller system filters, among others.
- Equipment and disinfection processes for footwear, suitcases, bags, strollers, etc.
- The good practices and controls marked by Distintivo “H” (a federal certification for food handling) are strictly followed to continue guaranteeing the quality and hygiene efficient handling of food and beverages.
- Frequent cleaning of chiller systems filters and swimming pools filters.
Order and Control
- The recommended hygiene practices (continuous washing and correct case of hands, sneeze label, among others) will be placed clearly and visibly on screens, hallways, and common areas.
- Keep 6ft distance while waiting in places such as check-in, check-out, access to bars and restaurants, lounge areas, etc.
- Maids and service personnel will be assigned to an specific floor.
- Assisted buffet will be implemented, as well as at-the-moment preparation stations and reservation is suggested in specialty restaurants.
- Using the stairs is suggested or a maximum of 4 people ( traveling together) when taking the elevators.
Guarantee in everyone’s well-being
- Associates, suppliers, and guest’s temperatures will be measured with a proximity thermometer considering an ideal of 99.86 F (37.7° C) as without risk.
- Antibacterial gel dispensers will be placed in all common areas of the hotel.
- Medical service is available with special focus to assist possible cases of COVID-19.
- Handshake and physical contact is avoided.
- Constant usage of mouth covers for guests is suggested.
- The use of protective personal equipment (PPE) such as glasses, gloves, and mouth covers will be provided to all our personnel according to their job functions.
- A sanitation kit will be provided complimentary to all guests at arrival.
Accommodations & Social Distancing
- Hotel occupancy is reduced in the first opening phase.
- Furniture of our common areas has been modified to respect safe distance of 6 ft. Each table with a capacity of no more than 6 people or by family groups.
- Lounge and beach chairs are distributed to accomplish a safe distance. We kindly request our guest to respect this furniture distribution.
- Not staying at bars is suggested.
- Rooms assignment is alternated trying to keep the greatest possible distance.
At Buenaventura hotels, guests are our reason for being and our associates are the soul of our company. Thereby, the new safety and hygiene protocols training emphasizes in our associates and our guests are strategically informed about the hotel's measures for your safety and tranquility contributing to a pleasant stay. Honesty has always been an important piece, because if a guest or an associate shows any of symptoms of COVID-19, they must inform the hotel staff, remember that if you take care of yourself, you take care of all of us.
PREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AMID COVID-19
- What happens if I have a reservation in the upcoming days and I am exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms prior my arrival?
The health and wellbeing of our guests is the most important thing to us. Please review our flexible policies and terms directly with our reservations department.
- What should I do if I become infected during my stay? Will I receive medical care?
We are committed to the wellbeing of our guests and associates. If a guest displays or has symptoms of any kind, they will be referred to our on-site doctor. The doctor can diagnose or refer you to an accredited hospital for treatment if needed. The World Health Organization and our Health experts advise that symptoms may surface 8 – 14 days after infected and recommends you return home and quarantine if asymptomatic as well as consult your doctor. We highly recommend you travel with an insurance plan that covers medical attention in foreign countries in the event it is needed.
- If I don't feel comfortable with traveling, can I cancel or change my stay?
We at Hoteles Buenaventura value your loyalty and support and have implemented a flexible policy that allows you to cancel or change your dates during these travel dates. Please consult one of our reservation agents for assistance.
- Will I be able to use the swimming pools and beach?
Yes, once we have the hotel in operation, the use of common public areas of our hotel will be available for our guests. However, the use of beach area is not permitted yet. We will inform you once the beach access is permitted.ons. Our hotel will distribute loungers and beach chairs meeting safe distancing guidelines of 1.5 meters apart, when not traveling within the same group/family of persons.
- What cleaning protocols have housekeeping staff implemented?
When you check-in you can be certain your room has been deep cleaned and disinfected with the use of steam mist and sprays. This process can be done additionally during your stay upon request. Cleaning and disinfection with special emphasis in areas of common contact, such as handles, rails, desks, telephone, remote controls, light switches, sinks etc. in addition to the use of steam mist. After room is cleaned, each room will have a sticker certifying the completion of protocols in place.
- Will the use of face masks be mandatory in all areas of the hotel?
The use of face masks is recommended during your stay.
- How will the Buffet operate?
The buffet service is temporarily replaced with made to order and a la carte selections. Certain stations will be open with individually prepared and packaged selections. We also will offer made to order cooking stations.
- Are there any changes to the hours of operations for bars and consumption areas?
We are operating under normal business hours.
- Will there be animated shows, activities and theme nights?
Music will be available for your to entertainment in our bars. Live music may also be available during family hour on certain nights.
- Will the kids club and gym be open?
The kids club will open if authorities allow it to, however strict protocols will be in place including but not limited to a maximum of 4 kids at a time in addition to the cleanliness and safety guidelines. The gym will be open meeting the established guidelines set forth by the authorities such as maintaining safe distancing of 1.5 meters and a reduced capacity. Certain equipment will not be available in order to preserve some of the measures in place.
- Will the Spa be open?
The Spa will be open meeting the established guidelines set forth by the authorities.
Shakti Spa: Recently renovated, located on a second level with beautiful ocean views and, it offers outdoor cabins where you can enjoy your treatment. The SPA will be operating with controlled capacity, applying all safety and hygiene protocols.
- Will room service be available?
Buenaventura Grand: Room service will be available and operating from 7:00am to 10:00pm.
- Are laundry services available?
Yes, all clothes must be prepared and separated by colors or how you would like them washed. Plastic bags are available in-room and can also be delivered.
- What certifications does the hotel have for guest peace of mind?
Our hoteles count on:
Distintivo ”H” is a recognition awarded by the Secretary of Tourism and Secretary of Health to establishments that maintain the strictest adherence to the highest level of hygenic standards in all food and beverage facilities including food and beverage preparation and storage.
Distintivo “S” is recognition of the most innovative sustainable practices in the development of projects related to tourism in Mexico under global sustainability criteria.